Sunday, November 8, 2015

Truths I Learned at a Retreat




Back in August, I went on a retreat to Idaho. I went with my former mother-in-law, a neat 73-year-old lady who loves to laugh. She continued her walk across the United States, and I worked on my novel Herbal Junction.






There were a few moments of truth that stood out to me while I was there. I thought they might resonate with you, too.




(1) Looking at a body of water is the cure.




(2) Listening to music is more intimate than I remembered.





(3) Acknowledge the beginning and end of a day. 

Witness the turning of the earth by observing the sunrise and sunset, when I can.





(4) Watch and greet the wildlife I see. Even if it's a desiccated carcass of a small animal.





(5) Flesh-eating mosquitoes don't seem to matter anymore when I'm taking pictures of red sunsets.










(6) Journaling OUTSIDE. (That's all I'll say.)






No comments: