Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cable and Illness

I'm sick.  Not horribly, but enough to keep me to my bed.  This means the children are not supervised.  I mean, I can hear them and I can hear that they are watching TV -- and not the TV shows I approve of -- but I'm not suggesting a board game, or playing outside, or at the very least sitting next to them on the couch and either a) commentating on the show they are watching, "Wow, that was mean.  I wonder why he is so upset?  Do you think it is right for someone to do that?", or b) turning the channel to Discovery Kids channel or Animal Planet -- something more educational. 

Yelling from the bed to change the channel is not going to happen.  And so I listen.  And cringe.  And guilt.  And feel exhausted.  

Tomorrow will be better.


No comments: