Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Waiting at the Tae Kwon Do Class


Joey's refusing to participate again.  It seems to happen at least 50% of the time.  TKD is an expensive hobby and I'm really just wondering about Joey.  I'm constantly worried for or irritated at him.

I don't know why he's oppositional -- other than he doesn't like being told what to do.

But this is something he asked for!  I know people have the right to change their minds but it is highly inconvenient and costly for me for him to change his mind this late in the game.

It's like him deciding he doesn't want to be a Power Ranger for Halloween after I've already bought the costume.  Although this can at least be used later for dress-up.  Not going to TKD after I've already paid for three months pisses me off.  Not to mention confuses me.

He wants to take the yellow belt test; he wants sparring pads.  But he won't participate in class.


Hmm.  Now he's participating.  He's doing something he's never done before.  Jumping side kicks on the floor pads.  But when the class was taught Pume Se Tae Kwon Do, he refused.  ???
No rhyme or reason.


I asked him in the van on the way home and he answered that Pume Se Tae Kwon Do was too hard.  I don't know how he knows this.  He didn't even try.

Hmpf.  I'm irritated and frazzled.  Not to mention feeling a bit manipulated.  


No comments: