Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hand-written Letters


Today, despite wanting to work on my manuscript, Herbal Junction, I will blog. It’s been far too long and there are so many blog posts running through my head these days. I suppose that’s the good news. Eventually they will make it to the blog and all will be well.
I actually sat down to work on Herbal Junction but saw–as I uncovered a spot on my desk to work–a European glass dip pen I purchased for myself years and years ago. I love it. Cobalt blue, teal/turquoise, red, and a clear nib. It feels good in my hand, even if it is a bit scratchy when I write with it. The shopkeeper said if the nib ever bothered me or got too dull from use, I could take a bit of sandpaper to it. Maybe I’ll try that and use it even more.
Photo on 2015-02-13 at 09.56 #2
It had been awhile since I used it, and it was so pretty looking at me, that I immediately caved in and pulled out a green hummingbird notecard and wrote to my mother.
Photo on 2015-02-13 at 09.55
Emailing and texting are far more efficient, but I still love hand-writing letters to my family and friends. It was a rare and wonderful treat to myself to begin the work day, and I just wanted to share it with you.
Photo on 2015-02-13 at 10.02
What little luxuries do you afford yourself?
Leave a comment below. I address all of them.
Have a happy day!

No comments: