Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chimney Swifts at Nana's Place










For more information about Chimney Swifts, read here.

On Friday, after work, I picked up the kids from school and we drove to Roseburg to stay with Nana. Nana's place is awesome. We left refreshed and bonded. Favorites past times: Aubrey's was "brushing the horse," Robert's was "playing Cranium," and mine .... was a tie. Between lots of things.

I don't get cell phone reception out there, so no phone calls for me. And I don't bring my laptop. So no computer-Facebook-blog reading time. 

While I was there I got to engage in quiet conversation, not be distracted, see one of my dogs, watch my kids play nicely together, start a knitting project, share a lovely cup of tea, play a game with the children, help out Nana Anna with a wood-collecting chore, have a picnic in the park and watch a portion of a swift migration! 

The kids and I have decided to visit Nana Anna once a month.
It's that good.

<3



No comments: