Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Oldest is Thirteen ... well, we had the party for it at least.






This weekend is all about THE KIDS. 
And I'm glad of that. 
Sometimes it's awesome to be selfless.

Saturday was Aubrey's birthday party (she'll be 13 on Tuesday) and we went over to her {Dad's} house to set up and prepare the snacks, etc. As soon as she did pinata, dinner, cake and presents; Robert and I left. We had our own fun evening planned (since he wasn't part of the girls only sleep-over). He and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. And we took pictures in the photo booth outside. :) 

You know? I think that's the first time I've ever done one of the those.

(I want to do one (or FIVE) with N. Super fun and instantly gratifying.)

Today, Sunday, Robert and I have been lounging and eating steel cut oatmeal with agave nectar, bananas and pecans. Mmmm. I'm about ready to make myself some tea and then it is off to drop Robert at a playdate for the afternoon. 

It is my mama mission this year to facilitate some solid friendships for Robert. He needs a little helping hand and I feel inspired this year to do it. So, not only am I going to call and set up playdates for him, but I also signed him up for an art class (clay sculpture) at a community center with a boy he goes to school with. Built in play date!

Aubrey and I will set up her new Casio keyboard while Robert is with his friend. 
Because while my mama mission for Robert this year is building friendships, my mama mission for Aubrey is to honor her passions and support her art. She's really into singing, writing songs, and has shown interest in playing the piano. 

Thus, the keyboard.

What are your mama missions this year?

No comments: