Sunday, March 22, 2009

Switching Gears

There are so many other things I'd like to do right now. I mean, in addition to writing my daily post. :D

My intention was cleaning kids' bedrooms this morning:


But my son woke up sick and barfed 3x in that stainless steel bowl.



This has also been on my to-do list for WEEKS --




-- but it was actually hailing this morning (as opposed to the sunny sun right now) and I ditched the thought of attempting it. Again.

When things have been on my to-do list for a long time, especially if I've had the oomph to set a date to tackle some of those things and actually put it on the calendar and told people I was going to do it, and then something happens to put me off it again -- like a sick kid -- I kinda go a little funky.

Not a lot. It just sorta ... derails me.

So I was walking around, sorta restless, around noon without the motivation to go upstairs and tackle Aubrey's room when I landed at the computer. Big stretch, I know. And I discovered a beautiful thing. A thing that has taken all burden away; and all guilt, too -- which is a mean feat, lemme tell ya.

Today is International Goof-Off Day.

Ahhhhh.

What are you doing today?
Or not doing? ;)


2 comments:

Individual Surrender said...

That is hilarious. I can't wait til national chocolate covered raisins day. My mom loves those things...

Valerie Willman said...

When's that!? YumYum.